This position at Place is a crucial one. An account person at Place has strong project management skills and can help manage work and relationships, getting projects smoothly down the pipeline. It should be someone that has an understanding of branding, an interest in design and creative work connected to innovative companies / brands. Account managers work closely with our clients and our internal team to assure projects are completed with efficiency while staying “on brand”. They are a direct conduit between the agency and client. They live the brands they work with and know them inside out so that when a project is complete it is undeniably on target. We want someone to pitch in wherever needed on any project, aspire to be the best, elevate those around you, take ownership, and do it all with grace and humor.
LEADERSHIP: As an account manager, leadership is key. You are a leader in the eyes of the client and a leader to our internal team. You know how to bring a team together vs. going it alone. You keep everyone informed. You set and manage expectations but always work to exceed them.
SUPPORT: Great leadership can’t happen without supporting your teams. As an account manager you are a conduit to the client and a conduit to our team. You support both with equal dedication. It means structured deadlines and keeping everyone on track. It’s attention to the unglamorous details. You wrangle assets for our design team so they can dive into a job with confidence.
- Understand the big picture, flow of work and how it fits with other Place projects
- Daily check-ins with Place team to keep things on track and be able to delegate to the team
- Keep an eye on profitability of clients and projects
- Organize, meet, brainstorm the big ideas, strategize and write reports – Participate and lead client meetings
- Schedule overall brand rollouts and individual projects based on the strategies
- Deal with the client(s), phone, meet, email – write meeting reports.
- Eventually – Be the main contact for key accounts, for updates, new requests, scheduling, etc.
- Be the gatekeeper and manage clients expectations
- Build the relationship into a better, more profitable account
- Interact with team to keep them informed and effective in completing projects
- Open and close jobs in time tracking software and set up for billing
- Work closely with the Account team leadership and Partners, as applicable
- Vendor Management
- Understand what’s needed, do the research, help develop the specs, get prices and prepare for client
- Help write estimates, proposals or responses to RFPs
- Bachelor’s Degree in liberal arts, marketing, business, PR or equivalent experience.
- Experience in account service in an in-house or agency environment
- Excellent writing and verbal skills, presentation skill
- Experience with digital marketing
- Work with CMS for updating WordPress sites
- Some technical aptitude within the Creative Cloud (Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop)
Resume to: email@example.com