The Account Manager is essential to getting new and current clients enrolled in the idea that brand development is central to solving many of their marketing challenges. You’ll work one-on-one with clients and as part of the Place team to solve problems—both simple and complex. You’re in the first meeting with clients listening to their needs and addressing their challenges with how Place can help take their brand to the next level.
This is a position where client needs are addressed quickly, creative solutions come from anyone—even you—and we all work to build brands that resonate with the right people. You are invested in the success of the brands just as much as our clients. You understand what they need, where they’re going, and suggest solutions that help them achieve their goals.
You will lead a project from the initial phone call to final billing and work with a cross-functional team to get the job done on-time, on-budget, and on-brand. Sometimes you are working with a Partner or another account person to get things done. You love phone conversations, in-person meetings, complex challenges and being part of a team.
You are often the face of Place. These people trust you. They buy into you. Sure, any agency can design beautiful work. But, it’s often the human relationship clients latch on to. You’ll learn about client’s kids, their vacations, and who they are as people. It’s this personal connection that keeps clients at Place for years.
ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT FOR YOUR KEY ACCOUNTS AND SHARED ACCOUNTS
- Participate in initial Brand Focus process – organize, meet, brainstorm the big ideas, strategize and write reports
- Schedule overall brand rollouts and individual projects based on the strategies
- Deal with client, phone, meet, email – write meeting reports.
- Be the gatekeeper and manage client’s expectations
- Build the relationship into a better, more profitable account
- Interact with the account lead and team to keep them informed and effective in completing projects
- Write Brand Focus reports, meeting reports, e-mails, and client correspondences.
- Help the creative team develop concepts, taglines, and turn complex subject matter into crystal-clear prose
IN-HOUSE ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT
- Understand the overall flow of work. You’ll have up to 10-20 active clients at any given time.
- Daily check-ins with Place team to keep things on track and give clients updates
- Weekly check-ins with entire team – who, what, when it’s due – be a nudge when necessary
- Keep historical client work well organized for quick reference on future projects
- Open and close jobs in FunctionFox and set up for billing
- Understand what’s needed, do the research, help develop the specs, get prices and prepare for client.
- Working knowledge of local vendors (collateral, tradeshow, etc.)
- Basic understanding of print production and POP fabrication (CMYK, RGB, Paper Stocks, Bleeds, etc.)
MARKETING FOR PLACE
- Help write proposals or responses to RFPs
- Create pitch presentations for prospective clients
- Work with leadership team to develop and update client-facing marketing materials.
- Update the Place website – develop e-mail newsletter copy and assets when needed.
- Basic understanding of online marketing strategies and tactics
How to Apply
Please send your resume and a link to your portfolio (if available) to [email protected]. Please do not email partners and staff directly.